Saturday, August 20, 2011

A star is born!

Paige had her 1st dance recital the last weekend of June. What a special, special day!!! It's even more special to me because I took dance for 13 years and it means so much to see my daughter following my footsteps! My Mom waited until the last minute to get a flight and they were $1000! She decided that was too much and was so upset she wasn't going to make it. Wally Pop pulled some strings and she ended up getting the last seat available on a flight that he bought with his points. Way to go Wally Pop!! They got the flight Thursday night and she was here Saturday morning. We were so happy she was able to be there for such a special day! Grammy and Pappy also came in town for the big day. We are so blessed to have such supportive and loving grandparents for our kids!

We had the dress rehearsal the day before and Jeromy got a pic of me putting makeup on Paige. She LOVED having her hair curled and makeup done. Shocking, I know :)

Waiting for her turn on the stage
"I want to hold her tight all through the night...but all she wants to do is dance!"
"Rock the Hula, rock rock the hula!"
Shuffle, shuffle step
I think this is my favorite picture!
Now it's Ava's turn to dance! Ethan and Paige waiting to cheer on Ava :)


Paigey and Ava

THE BIG RECITAL DAY!! Grammy, Pappy, Aunt Reyna, Daddy, Tyler and Tootsie were all there to watch our little girl Rock the Hula!

Making sure she has on enough lip gloss. A girl can never have enough, right?!
Mom, seriously...I'm going to catch a bug on these glossy lips
Yes, I do realize that all of these pictures look the same but one set is from the dress rehearsal and one's from the recital. I just can't help it!







After the recital was over, I had the scare of my life. All the dancers were supposed to come out on stage at the end while they said thank-you to everyone, blah, blah, blah. That's how we picked our dancers up...from the stage. So, all the little hula girls are in the front but I can't find Paige. Okay...a little worried...okay, a little shortness of breath...okay, a little shaking and now my heart is about to jump out of my chest...okay, where is my DAUGHTER?! When they are done with their speeches, I walk up on the stage and start scanning and here comes Paige from the wing of the stage. She says "Oh, hey Mom!" I grabbed her and hugged her like I wasn't ever going to let go! Phew. That was a scary few minutes. I asked her why she wasn't on the stage with everyone else and she said something about making a new friend and they were on the side. We had a little chat about staying with our friends so Mom can find her ;)

I found her, I found her!!!!
wish these weren't so dark :(
Grammy, Pappy, Aunt Reyna, Jerm and Tyler left a few dances after she preformed so it was just me and Tootsie. Jerm and Grammy and Pappy got her a huge bouquet of pink roses. How sweet! Paige was so excited. And, Tootsie got her new diamond earrings! (not real of course :)) Here she is opening her present from Tootsie.
Look at all these beautiful flowers Mom!
Paige and her proud Mommy

No comments: