Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baby Tyler is on his way :)

He will be here any day now! I've been 3cm dilated since my 37 week check-up on February 26 (37 weeks). I've been having lots of braxton hicks contractions and this weird thing in one of my veins on my bikini line. All of the sudden I will have this uncomfortable feeling like there is a ton of blood rushing through it and it is going to burst! I've been having this sensation for about a month now but the doctor said it's just because he's low and there is no real reason for concern. Other than that, I really feel great and am so thankful! I've been sleeping fine and still have plenty of energy so I'm not really at the point of "get this kid out of me!" We are scheduled to induce on Monday, March 15 if he doesn't come before then...6 days from now! My parents are getting here on Saturday so I hope he doesn't come before then! If he does they are going to hop on the next plane. They've even shipped their luggage out here so that they can go straight to the airport when they get the call! They are so excited. Todd and Clela are planning to get here on Friday. They can't wait either!

It was quite a big decision for me on when to schedule the induction! I was thinking one week early (Friday, March 12) but my doctor is on call Monday the 15th so I decided to schedule it with her. All of the doctors in the practice are great and I know whoever I end up with will do a great job. After scheduling it, Jeromy threw in his 2 cents and said I should have done it Friday so that we could have had the weekend. Which is a good point but I just figure I should do it with my doctor since I have the luxury of picking the date. He told me to do whatever I'm comfortable with but then I started second guessing myself! Anyway, the date is set so that is that!

I have been kinda sad that me and Paige's days alone are numbered! I know that sounds silly but it has been just me and her for such a long time! She is so, so cute right now...communicating more and more each day and is such a sweetheart. We have so much fun and I can't believe how much I love her. I know she's not going anywhere but it's just going to be different. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited for Tyler to be here and for our family to grow! Today we went to the grocery store (Paige actually loves going to the grocery store and we have lots of fun) and I got all sentimental because it's going to be the last time we go just me and her! I've been trying to do some fun stuff with her while I have the free time to do it. Today we went to Clare's house for a playdate and then I took her to the toy store just because we had the time to go. I keep asking her if she's ready to meet Tyler and that he will be here soon and she says yes and seems excited. I asked her what she was going to say when she meets Tyler for the first time and she said in her most excited voice "Hi Tyler!"

I went to dinner last night with Kim and Pearl and they were giving me some advice on having two kids. They were so funny and kept laughing at me and my idea of how it's going to be. I was telling them how I am going to have to get up so much earlier when Paige starts preschool because I want to take a shower before I take her and they just started cracking up! They said I'd be lucky to squeeze a shower in at night time but one before we left for the day wasn't going to happen! They also suggested I get a present for Paige from Tyler. I thought I'd get her some baby gear...a bassinet, swing, etc...so that she could take care of her baby while I took care of mine. I told my Mom this and she got Paige a doll that coo's when you put the passy in her mouth so we decided that could be from Tyler too. I can't believe I'm going to have 2 kids in less than a week!

Anyway, we are really excited about Tyler's arrival and even more excited to have a baby boy. We love you already Baby Tyler!

4 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

I completely know what you mean about being sad that your days of you and Paige are numbered. I felt the same way about Addyson and I was so sad about that. But honestly now that Ben is here and she is doing really good with him it hasn't been as big of a deal as I thought it might. I still try to give her some one on one time but it's really been okay! I am soooo excited for you guys and can't wait to hear on the 15th how things go!!

Sarah said...

I absolutely know the feeling. Those last moments with your first one are bittersweet. Pretty soon you will forget what life was like with just one :) And I agree with Kim and Pearl, you will be an absolute super star (or just a crazy woman waking up at 5am) if you manage to be showered and ready before you take Paige to preschool! Better yet, have Jeromy take her :)

Reyna Stallings said...

I kind of got teary eyed...this is such an endearing post. I can only imagine how you're feeling. Tomorrow is your last day alone together...cherish it. Love you, Paige and baby Tyler!!!!

Life Made Simple said...

OH KELSEY!! This is so exciting and I know you are thrilled to be meeting Tyler soon. I have been thinking about you and PLEASE text me as soon as things start rolling! Miss you friend!!! Love, Heather