Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Carson!

Today is Carson's 2 year old birthday...oh how time flies! I was really excited when Sarah called to invite us to celebrate at the pool today because we can't make his birthday party this weekend. So, after Stroller Strides and a little play time at the park, we headed to the pool. It was SO hot today...80 degrees...kidding! It was hot but I know that's nothing to the 104 degrees it is in Texas right now! Anyway, we had a great time at the pool, got just enough sun, ate some yummy pizza and sparkling water :) Sarah and Sara had some wine and the preggo's (me and Kristen) enjoyed some sparkling water...ha! Paige had her favorite dessert...cupcakes...and did a little hip shake when she was done! After the pool Paige and I took a nap and just hung around the house. I found an old video tape titled "Hawaii '07" so I plugged it in to watch it and it ended up being video of me super duper pregnant with Paige! It started on Halloween (I was 37 weeks) and goes through Paige's birth. The only hospital time on the video is me nursing Paige in the postpartum room. It was so fun to watch the video of me and Jerm in our apartment before Paige was here...what a different world! Makes me excited to go through the process again. After dinner Paige found my secret hiding place in the house. We have a long closet under the stairs and I put some of the gifts from her 1 year old birthday party under there. She got so many I decided I would leave some to pull out later. Tonight was the night! Paige is really into taking care of babies right now...sooo cute. She had 2 babies already and has been playing with them and her Minney Mouse doll like she was a baby. She will lay them down, put a blankie on them and tell me to "shhhh" because they are going "night-night". The doll we opened tonight has eyes that close when she lays down so Paige was really into that. She also has a bottle, passie, food, a spoon, bib and a bag to keep it all in. Paige put all the stuff in the bag, hung it on her stroller and pushed her baby around the house. So cute! I can't believe she's at the age where she is playing like this! We also pulled out a kitty cat piano. It plays some beats so Paige would play them and do a little dance with babies in hand. Oh, and after I took a shower, I put on a dress, and she wanted to put one on so she put on one of my dresses...I tied it in a knot in the back so she could walk. Then she had to put on some of Mommy's shoes. She puts on my leopard wedge shoes and will walk around in them. I started singing a song and shaking my hips and she did the same thing! We had a fun night tonight. We also worked on her forward roll. She likes to stand on her head...really like a downward dog only her head is on the floor...and once she rolled over all by herself! So, tonight I was working on it with her. A little gymnast in the making. She is so stinkin cute right now...I love every minute! Alright, that's all for now...wish me luck for tomorrow, I'm making 8 diaper cakes with Kristen for Reyna's shower this weekend!

No comments: