Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Song

I just wanted to write this down before I forgot!  The other night I went to Bunko and Jerm put the kids to bed.  Paige told me that Tyler was kinda crying/whining for me and asked Dad to sing the baby song.  He assumed Tyler was asking for "You are my sunshine" but that wasn't it.  So, when she told me this I hummed the song that I hummed to Tyler every day when he was a baby (and I used to hum it to Paige so he heard it when he was in my belly) and that was the one!  I haven't hummed that to him in forever and it just melted my heart that he remembered it.  I always hoped it would be special to him but didn't know if he would remember!  It's a Theta song "Best of Friends" that we sang during rush.  I don't sing the words to him but it's a really sweet lullabyeish song and I always liked it.  How sweet!

And, just another quick story...Tyler sleeps with 3 blankets and he decided one of them are mine.  So, when I snuggle him to sleep at night and when he comes in our bed in the morning, he makes sure I have my blankee and asks me if I'm cold and/or if I'm okay.  He wakes up earlier than anyone else - 615ish - and although I'm still tired and not ready to get up, I love seeing his sweet face and him snuggling me.

Oh, and one final note - Tyler is POTTY TRAINED!!!  Yahoo!

No comments: