Thursday, October 15, 2009

I love this age!

I read my friend Sarah's blog the other day about how she doesn't agree with the "terrible twos" stereotype. I must say that I totally agree with her! Of course, Paige has her moments but my goodness I am having so much fun with her right now! I've been keeping a list of funny things she does on my phone so I don't forget and decided it was a good time to get the on the blog.

:: Today I asked her if she liked the name Tyler for her little brother only to hear "no" so I went through a list of names, all that had the response "no". So, I asked her...not really expecting an answer...and she said "hmmmm....Ethan". Ethan is her best buddy so it totally makes sense where she came up with that answer! Too cute, huh?! And, I totally agree with her, I love the name Ethan but it's one of her best friends so that's not going to work!

:: We were in Target and walked through the Halloween isles and there was a witch making scary noises so Paige says "oh s*#t" and puts her hand over her heart and then says "scared"...hmmm...who taught her that! Mom did :) We were parking the car and I ran into the curb and let out a clear "oh s*#t" so Paige said it ten times in a row. I didn't react and thought that I wouldn't hear it again but was I ever wrong! She is so funny because she says it at the appropriate time! Jeromy and I were driving somewhere and Jeromy told us how he missed the turn and Paige said "oh s*#t!" Jeromy started cracking up which of course didn't help but she is so funny how she knows the right times to say it!

:: We were in the car and I pointed out a school bus and Paige said "Mickey Mouse." I said "oh, you think Mickey Mouse is on that bus" and then remembered that we took a bus when we went to Disney Land and that's what she was remembering! Brilliant.

:: She is remembering things we did earlier in the day like when we went to Clare's for a playdate in the morning, later that afternoon she said "fun, Clare."

:: A couple of times now she has done something like this. She'll go in the cabinet and get the monster box of goldfish, will pour her a serving in a little bowl and will pour me a serving in another bowl and will give it to me and say "Mommy fishies." Isn't that sweet and just so cute!

:: We took a tour at Carmel Mountain Preschool and on the playground they had a large board that had a map or something on it and in the bottom corners, there was a hollow circle with a drain looking thing about 3 inches into it. Not sure what this was supposed to be...but Paige grabbed my hand and pulled me over and while holding my hand leaned her mouth up to the circle and said "hi...milk." I looked at the preschool teacher and explained that I wasn't sure why she was calling this milk that she clearly knew what milk was and then realized that she was ordering milk like I do from McDonalds! That's really the only drive through she's ever been through and I always get an ice cream or coffee and she always requests a milk. So, the drain looking thing looked like a microphone to her and she pulled me over to order her some milk!

:: The other morning she was hanging with Jeromy while he was getting ready for work and he said "hey Paige, why don't you help Daddy get dressed. What do you think I should wear today?" Paige said "Daddy wear pink!!". So, he did! Then when he was leaving for work, Paige grabbed her purse and said "bye-bye Mommy, work!". She walked out with Jerm, got in the driver seat with him and then changed her mind when he started to drive off with her! She's been doing that lately...she'll just grab her purse and walk towards the front door saying "bye-bye, work!"

:: I taught Paige to answer Mommy when someone asked who her best friend was. Jeromy soon thereafter taught her to say Daddy so it's usually a toss up to what her answer will be. We were at lunch with Sara, Clare and Palmer and I asked Paige and she very cleverly answered "Clare!". What a character.

:: One of her favorite things to do with Jeromy...other than puzzle surf...is to fly like a fairy. She'll go up and get her fairy princess wings and Jeromy will fly her all over the house. She giggles and has the biggest smiles. It just melts my heart to watch them play together.

:: So, I always write about how cute, sweet and smart Paige is...but I don't think I've ever mentioned that she is a total bully! She has gotten much better over the past few months...thankfully or I wouldn't have any friends left...but she went through a hitting phase, then a pushing phase and the 2 year old standard, everything is mine phase. Well, she's still in that phase. Just yesterday we went to Del Mar park with Cici and at the park when some new kids walked up, she said "my park!". Anyway, there was an incident at Stroller Strides where she was standing there and a little boy, Henry, walked by with a ball. Paige decided she wanted the ball so grabbed his shirt and threw him to the ground. Literally. I just saw the tail end but was soo embarrassed. All the Mom's were laughing and calling her the "bow headed bully." What happened to my little sweet princess?!? Anyway, this was probably 6 months ago and just the other day after class all the kids were playing on the park and Henry walked up to his Mom and says "Help me, help me" so his mom Gina says "Henry, what's wrong?" and he answers..."I'm scared of Paige!!!!!!!" Anyway, like I said, she is so much better but has quite the reputation at the park.

:: About once a month we hear of a neighbor seeing a snake. So, every time Paige goes in the backyard I tell her to watch out for snakes. Clela is here because the twins were just born and this morning she walked outside to get better cell phone reception and before she could get out of the door, Paige told her "Grammy watch out snakes" and then said "run, fast!". She's so smart and how cute that's she's looking out for Grammy :)

:: She has become quite the little bossy butt. When we had the playdate at our house last Friday all the kids were sitting down at the kid table eating pizza except Ethan. Paige saw this and decided it was unacceptable so got up, put her arms around him as if to guide him back outside and was telling him to sit down and eat his pizza. I don't know where she gets this bossy attitude from!!! Then, at the pizza parlor yesterday with Cici, same thing. She got up from the table and Paige got up, wrapped her arms around her looking like she was trying to pick her up and told her to sit down and eat her pizza! She's going to be a great big sister :)

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Lisa and Ryan said...

So cute!! I agree- I totally LOVE this age- hope our boys are this sweet!!!