Friday, January 1, 2010

Big Girl Bed!!

Yesterday we went to get Paige's big girl bed. I've been talking about it for a while but couldn't decide if I wanted to do it yet. She had never jumped out of her crib and still liked it so I wasn't rushed but we decided it was best to get her comfortable with her big girl bed before Tyler comes! Before we started on the bed, Paige helped me take down the Christmas decorations. Here is our front door with all our Christmas cards...I love getting Christmas cards!Paige is so funny. She will stand still and say cheese now when I want to take a picture and will say "thank you" after I take it because I always say it to her!

After the Christmas decorations were down and Jerm was home to help after a day playing golf at La Costa, we started to build the bed!
Taking apart her crib...b00-hoo! I started to get sad when we were taking it apart. It's probably better but I didn't realize that when I put her down for her nap it would be the last time I rocked her to sleep and put her in her crib! Our baby isn't a baby anymore! Hard to swallow but that's just part of it all :) I kept telling Jeromy how I was kinda sad taking it apart and Paige came over, rubbed my back and said "Don't be sad. It's okay, sweet girl." How sweet is that?!
Here's a picture of us when we put it together...I think I'm about as far along with Paige in the picture as I am now with Tyler!
Paige was pretending the sleep in the drawer with all of her blankets
We're moving right along! Paige is getting a tea party ready in case we get thirsty
Yahoo - it's all ready for Big Girl Paige! She was jumping and so excited
She has been wanting to use these Barbie pillows since I bought them about a month ago
All snuggled up!
Reading a book before bedtime. This is her new 'Princess and the Frog' seek and find book. No joke, the first time we read it she found some of the things before I found them! She amazes me everyday how smart she is. This is like a 'Where's Waldo' book and I'm shocked at how fast she can find things and remember where they are the next time we read it.



We went and checked on her around 11:30 when we headed to bed...tried to stay up until midnight but decided to hit the sack early...and her head was almost hanging off the bed! She had turned sideways on the bed and her head was about to fall off! I put her head back on the pillow and luckily didn't wake her up. She slept all night and I heard her playing around her normal time of 7:15am so she made it all night without falling out! We're going to buy a rail today so we aren't so worried anymore. She's officially a big girl! Now, time to focus on potty training...

5 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

Your daugther is so precious. I had no idea you had a blog. Her room is adorable too. Happy New Year.

Lisa and Ryan said...

I was wondering about the rail!! Addyson has still managed to fall out a time or two even with the rail! Cute bed- I was the same way when we took Addyson out of her crib- so sad!!

Sarah said...

I love Paige's new big girl bed. It is adorable!

Jeni said...

it looks great! What a precious BIG GIRL!!

Lisa and Ryan said...

That is so funny- Addyson was 8 lbs 12 oz also- seriously her and Paige are like the exact same person- just a year apart! They would be such good friends if you lived here all the time!!