Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paige's first dance class!!!

Paige took her first dance lesson yesterday!! This was such an exciting day for both of us! She has been walking around on her tippy toes and arms over her head like a ballerina for a week straight so I decided to go ahead and take her to dance class. I just don't know how it's all going to work out when Tyler comes...but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. We went to the YMCA and they have a great program that involves tap and ballet. This class was a free trial and we really liked it! I'm also planning to have her try a class at a dance studio and see which one we like better. The YMCA is about 20 minutes away but is half the price...so I have to decide which one works better for us.

Flapping her butterfly wings with Miss Ginger
Doing an obstacle course
So excited!
Dancing on the "princess bar" - that's what Miss Ginger called it so Paige loved that
Mixing in some of her own moves
Tap your toes

Catching some bubbles
getting her stamp at the end of class
Paige did so good! She got most of the moves and wasn't scared at all. She hopped to the front of the line and jumped right in like she knew exactly what she was doing. I am so proud of her! Now we just need to get some dance gear. She had so much fun and was saying "more dance" as we were walking away from the class. I'm so happy she likes to dance!

After class we met Kim, Cici and Oliver at PlayWerx. What a fun morning! I took some pictures but they didn't turn out that great.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! I LOVE IT! Paige looks ridiculously cute. I can't wait to do this with Brooke!

Erin said...

She is too stinkin' cute in her tutu! I especially love the first picture of the butterfly wings. What a little cutie!

Lisa and Ryan said...

How cute!!! I love her outfit- that looks like fun!

The Vicari's said...

Yay! I know you are so excited to have her start dance. Right up your alley. I love her little tutu and ballet shoes.

Unknown said...

Paige! That is the cutest thing ever!