Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Over the river...


and through the woods to Grammy's house we go! We haven't been to Grammy and Pappy's house since last Father's Day!! We planned to get up and leave at 8am Thursday morning. I had most of the packing done and we were all set to get up and go. Tyler woke up Wednesday night at midnight crying and shivering...hmmm...not good. I called the doctor and they said his temperature was spiking so to give him Motrin and if it doens't go down, head to the ER. Gave him the medicine and he threw up...poor baby! I start crying and called Jeromy. He was at a networking event downtown and hadn't made it home yet. I'm not one to freak out but this was not something I was used to! I gave him another dose of Motrin since he just threw the other one up and his temperature had spiked from 98.9 when I first got him out of the crib to 102.8 in a matter of about 20 minutes. I held him for a while and noticed he was breathing heavy so I used his inhaler for the first time. (My kids have had a rough year in the sickness department! Hence the previous post with all the details.) He slept through the night and woke up with a 99 temperature. Happy his temperature was better but I wasn't going to risk it and called the doctor. They couldn't get us in until 2:45pm. 245?! Not in my plan and I tried to get us in earlier but they wouldn't budge. So, I decided to go ahead and take Paige to music and dance. I was so excited because we hadn't been in 2 weeks! So, off to music and had a great time. Get to dance and the studio is closed for Easter. Pooh! Oh well, back home we go to finalize packing. We got all packed up and headed to the doctor. Thankfully, it was all really due to teething! There was so much drool going down his throat that it was causing the heavy breathing and the temperature was because of teething too. Crazy, huh? His ear was still a little swollen so she prescribed 4 more days of his current antibiotics. Really. The exact stuff that I had poured down the drain that morning because we finished his 10 days the night before? Yup. Anyway, got on the road and pulled over at a random CVS and it took an hour to get it filled. AHH!! We finally made it to Grammy and Pappy's around 9pm. The kids played for a minute and off to bed we all went. Phew...what a day!

Oh yeah...and right before me and Paige left for dance, Jeromy was pulling in the garbage bins from the street and found a baby rattlesnake!!!!!


No comments: