Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve we went to Nick and Jennifer's house for a delicious dinner party! Quick trip to the grocery store to pick up what I was bringing...
There were 4 couples and 8 kids...perfect! Our kids went home early for bedtime (my parents live around the corner) so we spent the rest of the night kid free! We had so much fun hanging out with them that I didn't take any pictures...oops :) It was so nice to sit at a nice table and eat delicious food without the little munchkins. I love them, of course, but it was fun to have a nice meal! Jennifer took some pics so hopefully I'll be adding it to this post at a later date...wink, wink...in case she reads this!! We celebrated the NY new years and were home by 11:30/11:45. My parents were in the bed watching TV so we hopped in with them and celebrated the official Texas new year with a little shot of champagne. Happy New Year!!

New Years Day I was pretty much a zombie - I had plenty to drink and don't function at peak performance without 9 hours of sleep so I was pretty much worthless :) My parents went to pick up some BBQ for dinner and took the kids. They had to ride the "neigh" as Tyler calls it before heading in.


Jeromy and I at home with no kids?! What to do?? Well, he has asked 100 times to go skeet shooting with him while we are in Texas so I decided I'd better go. I wasn't the biggest fan in the beginning but after I shot 4 in a row, I decided it was kinda fun :) Now I can say I did it and might not have to do it again!



No comments: