Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We are past the first trimester!

Finally! This pregnancy has been going slow so far! It may have something to do with the fact that I found out at 3 weeks! I was Ms. Antsy Pants and took the test as early as possible. I am starting to show! It's just a tiny bump but I can tell my body is changing and I've got a little pooch. We are so excited and can't wait for our 3D appointment in less than 2 weeks!

At the 8 week appointment, everything went great. It's funny...I wasn't nervous at all for any of Paige's appointments and I guess I just know too much now because I got a little nervous the day of the appointment. But, everything was great! The heartbeat was 168...kinda fast...Paige's was 155. Normal is 120-180 and in the beginning I guess it jumps around all over the place. I took Paige and Jeromy to the appointment with me...who knew I was going to be there 2 hours! Thanks to Jeromy for his patience :) We started with a visit to the sonographer. Paige kinda freaked out...it was dark, I was laying on the bed half naked and some stranger was rubbing a stick on my belly...understandable why she wasn't totally comfortable! Jeromy was great in distracting her and they gave her some toys to play with. Then she saw the picture of the baby on the computer screen and thought that was cool. She still gets excited and yells "baby picture" when she sees the sonogram pics. She checked everything out and it all looked as it should so we were very happy :) Here's the picture...it's cute, the sonographer wrote "Hi Mama, Hi Dada and Hi Big Sister Paige" on the right...that was sweet

After seeing the doctor, I had to go downstairs to get blood work. I guess we got a lot done and it's just what you have to do, but I don't remember any appointment lasting that long for Paige.

Paige is pretty smart and she gets that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. Of course in the beginning she also thought there was a baby in her belly but I think she gets it now! I'll ask her if she's wants to say hi to the baby and she'll lift up my shirt and will hug, kiss, say hi and tickle the baby. It's really sweet. Most of the time she is a stinker and won't give Mommy a hug on command, but will give one to the baby!

For our week 12 appointment, I decided to go alone! I had an appointment with the sonographer first, then the doc and then blood work AGAIN! This time it took 3 hours!!! But, the baby is healthy so I shouldn't complain. I went to the sonographer first (she did her part to test for down syndrome and trico something 13 and 18). She measured some fold under the babies neck and if it's under 3 you are good and it was 1.3 so great news! I was chatting it up with her and asked if she would look between the legs just to check if she could see anything. Could she see anything?!?!?! There was a little boy part clear as day! We both kinda giggled because it was totally obvious! What...a little boy?!? I was sure it was a girl again! My pregnancies have been pretty similar and I thought God would do me a little favor since I didn't buy anything that isn't pink, princess or super girly! So, she said it could just be swollen parts and not to hit the stores just yet but if she had to bet, it would be a boy. Needless to say, I was TOTALLY FREAKING OUT and couldn't really talk to anyone! I had to go back to the waiting room to meet with the nurse practitioner and you could have heard a pin drop so I didn't think anyone would appreciate me chatting it up on the phone about the new found penis! Thank the Lord for texting! I was texting like a mad woman! Jeromy was pretty surprised too...he thought it was a little girl. My Mom responded "I can't text about something like this...call me!" but I couldn't! Ahh! There were so many questions going through my mind...and still are! I don't think the idea has totally sunk in my head yet. I saw the nurse and she said everything was great too. Went down for blood work...had to wait 40 minutes to be seen...and was out of there in 3 hours! Geez louise!

So, there might be a little Jeromy Junior on his way but we'll know more information in less than 2 weeks. I'm even more anxious for that appointment now! Thank goodness they will let you come in at 15 weeks. I definitely couldn't wait until 20 weeks to find out for sure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! I am so happy for y'all!

Paige said...

Kelsey beware! The same exact thing happened to me, like exactly and when I went in for my sonogram a few weeks later that "penis" turned out to be gone. The explanation was that up until 14 weeks or something the anatomy looks so similar and everything down there is all swolen and weird looking. But I SWEAR I saw a penis on that screen and the guy even said if he had to guess he would say boy even though it was so early. I was 14 weeks and then at 20 weeks they told me girl. So you may have a boy, but there is still a chance for another little princess. Either way I'm sure you'll be thrilled, I just wanted to share my crazy story. I even bought a boy outfit, I was so convinced.

Reyna Stallings said...

CONGRATS ON passing the first trimester!!!! :) Everything is going to move a lot faster now. And, next week you find out the sex...so exciting.

I am hoping for a BOY so Hayden will have a little buddy to play with...Zoey is getting out numbered with all these boys. Well, I guess you never know it could be a girl. Renee's doctor was wrong and she was also 100% sure they saw a penis. HA HA!! Why must they do this to you.